Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Little Mermaid And My eMail Account

Oops! She did it again.


Before I proceed any further, I just want you (read to all readers) to know that I can't login to my email account since last Thursday (Sept 18, 2008). I'm afraid I can't be reached via email for the time being. As an alternative, please use the contact form found on my other two blogs. Just click on the tab "eMail Me" on the menu bar and you're set to go. My apologies for the inconveniences.

I don't know what's wrong actually, but everytime I login to email account, it says, at the bottom left, "transferring data a248.e.akamai.net". I was curious, naturally I Yahooed and Googled about it and this is what I found:
"Akamia is a fast caching solution for websites whiuch have a great number of hits. These
websites store there gifs and seldom changing popular apps at this cache hosting company.
Numerous companies such as McAfee.com, Wells Fargo, B of A etc. post data and programs to
Akamia. McAfee posts there DAT files at this location to support the user community in
grabbing the latest DAT when a new virus threat hits. Several years ago McAfee ranked 23rd
out of all websites in terms of activity. At present many companies would require
3 to 10 OC4 transmission lines. An OC4 is 28 T3's which is 784 T1's) to handle the volume
of traffic. Many companies would not be able to stay in the .com world without Akamia."


Here's the link to the original information. Go out there now and read what they have to say about a248.e.akamai.net. You would be amazed at what you gonna learn.

But then, my email account could have been hacked. I guess when you are using the Internet, you don't know what kind of people are reading on what you type. They may be offended or get pissed as what you said. And that person hacked his/her account and make some foolishness or make fun with the account that person has. Most hackers themselves, do pretend to be naive on the Internet in order not to be distinguished of what they really are.

No, I did not forget my ID and password when I sign-in to Yahoo

When I thought about it, only one person crossed my mind. Yeah, you're right! My Little Mermaid! You see, beside being an expert with computers and the person who taught me a lot about using Microsoft Office's Word, she too has no good intentions toward me. In one of her emails, she openly admitted beside praying everyday for my downfall, she gonna do something bad unexpectedly toward me and my family. Maybe these was it.There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
TechGuy motto


Then I text her, asking very, very politely (lest I would made her angry and I really don't want to be at the receiving end of her wrath), did she hacked my email accounts? I really don't mind if she did it especially during this fasting month and I couldn't afford to be mad or whatever. I only expect a simple 'Yes' or 'No' as an answer, but she purposely kept quiet about it thinking she can torment me even more.

We have a legend over here told by generation to generation before me about a story of a beautiful rich lady who had a stomach-ache while on a journey back home. She thought she was beautiful and rich she could do anything and nobody gonna believe she was capable of doing any bad deed. Furthermore, she was such ladylike and all that jazz (you know what I meant, the type of person who would hold a cup of tea with just the two end of her fingers) and a nose that was a little bit too high.

Well, the story had it that this petite lady couldn't stand it anymore. She pulled up her skirt and gave everything that she got right in the middle of the road. After she had finished her call, she pull down her skirt back and swayed her hip back and forth walking gallantly back home.

To make the story short, there was a little commotion in town when a mountain of something was found. And what the wise old men was trying to tell when telling this story from mouth to mouth is that nobody gonna admit anything when confronted especially when you shit in the middle of the road!




No comment

Post a Comment

I loves to receive comments from everybody and I tried to make everything easier for my readers to comments. So please, be nice even though you totally disagree with me. No comment moderation and whatnot here. Please respect the privileges given.

God's willing, all comments will be followed and replied.

p/s Please leave your URL so that I can follow it and leave comments on yours. No URL = No Comments. It's as simple as that. Thank you in advance.

This blog is NOT using rel="nofollow" attribute. One thing that I can do to encourage you to leave more comments on this blog is to reward you with my link loves to go along with your comments. Without nofollow attribute, the search engines will follow the link so that you will get full credit with SEO. And subsequent pagerank value.


~ ArahMan7

PS - Word verification has been enable. Sorry about that [Sept 3rd, 2013].